6710 Eastgate Blvd. Lebanon, TN 37090 Lebanon, TN 37090
Job Summary –A staffing coordinator is responsible for organizing and scheduling workers to ensure that their organization is fully staffed on each work shift. This is especially important in organizations or industries that operate 24 hours a day, in the distribution and manufacturing sectors of the market for All-Star Personnel client partners. Staffing coordinators often handle duties such as calling lists of available candidates, processing hiring information, completion of on-boarding with candidates, drug screens, orientations, answering incoming calls, emailing client partners and communicating with such to ensure transparency in hiring changes, hiring temporary workers, and working with other members of the ASP Region and Management Teams to determine which positions need to be filled so the organization’s staffing requirements are met. Staffing coordinators may also be required to monitor payroll and report worker’s hours to the payroll department so workers are properly and accurately compensated.
All-Star Personnel is currently seeking employees whom are qualified for the Staffing Coordinator position being responsible for the order fulfillment and overall workforce scheduling and management of the ASP Client Partners. In addition to the workforce recruiting, calling, and management of order fulfillment, the Staffing Coordinator also shares in the responsibility of the maintenance of the central office function provides service and support to the organization in the order of answering calls, copying, filing, data entry, assisting customers, applicants, and employees with applications, instructions, orientations, new hire paperwork, onboarding, drug testing, safety training, skills testing, etc. Additionally, perform basic office clerical admin duties as needed to keep the office flowing at a face pace.
The typical work schedule for this position will be 8 am to 5pm within a Monday thru Friday work week. Staffing coordinators usually work a standard 40 hour work week, but they may be required to work overtime to meet staffing requirements in the event of an emergency or unexpected rush. The Staffing Coordinator will work in an office setting, but they may be required to show new staff members around their entire facility, which may include a variety of environments, including facilities of client partners, etc. Staffing coordinator will report to the management team of the Branch and Region, usually including an Operations Manager, Branch Manager and Regional Manager in that flow.
Role and Responsibilities
· The ideal candidate is knowledgeable in staffing, interviewing, scheduling, computer savvy, ensuring maintenance of personnel files, knowledge of employment law, including ADA and other relative employment law.
· Maintain the intake, scheduling, staffing, and processing of new applicant pipeline with the goal of placing appropriately skilled, and matched candidates to any current job vacancies for ASP
· Maintain staffing operations for ASP and all Client Partners and prospect partners
· Obtain daily staff requests and fill them efficiently
· Effectively manage tracking of staff over a variety of shifts
· Coordinate staff to meet the organization’s staffing requirements
· Monitor attendance of employees and communicate with ASP Client Partners regarding such
· Schedule interviews
· Perform interviews
· Perform orientations
· Conduct competency checks on new and existing employees
· Secure coverage for vacancy shifts
· Verify payroll accuracy
· Process employee vacation requests or requested time off
· Serve as main point of contact for visitors, answering inquiries from the branch’s general telephone and voicemail and redirecting as necessary.
· Documenting all interaction with employees by using data entry skills.
· Reading and researching information about possible candidates in the system in order to identify best transfer contact point person.
· Work closely with the branch staff and inter company employees in a positive, helpful, team nurturing, effective and productive manner.
· Reporting for work independently
· Maintaining an acceptable attendance rate
· Maintaining a positive, can-do, and winning attitude while at work
· Maintaining call and history quotas outlined by management
· Legal compliance regarding both employment law, and the clearly defined expectations of ASP
· Maintain records of all applications, On-boarding, E-Verify, Background screening, Orientation materials, i9’s, identifications, etc.
· Assist personnel with any arrangements, calls, appointment settings, clerical duties, data entry, filing, copying, and general office work necessary for branch operation.
· Perform exit interviews for any candidates leaving employment with ASP and client partner, either voluntarily or not.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, the Staffing Coordinator must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, sill, and/or ability necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· Possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Minimum of 2 years in the Staffing Industry as a Recruiter/Coordinator is preferred
· Associate’s degree in human resources (or relative working experience) or a related field is preferred but not required.
· Detail oriented with good organizations and time management skills.
· Minimum of 2 years of relative Customer Service experience and/or background
· Ability to perform effectively in an open office environment with considerable visitor and staff traffic, telephone conversations, and email correspondence to customers of a professional nature.
· Ability to negotiate
· Ability to complete all requests in a timely and professional manner
· Ability to handle high pressure/fast paced situations
· Previous experience in a service-related environment
· Ability to develop and maintain good relations with internal staff, customers, employees, candidates, as well as from other branches and offices inter-company wide.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Must have valid TN Driver’s License
· Must have reliable transportation and liability vehicle insurance
· Strong computer skills to include solid proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Office 365) must have the ability to learn other software as needed.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, competitive environment
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting
· Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, including most senior levels
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of opportunities to do such
· Possess excellent leadership, communication, presentation, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
All Star Personnel is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Eligible for Overtime: Y
Standard Weekly Hours : 40
Benefits Eligible: Y
Physical Capacity Exam Required: N
Customer Service Oriented
All-Star Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including Race, Color, Age, Religion, Citizenship, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Disability, Service in the Uniformed Services, National Origin or any other Classification protected by law. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.